The City Clerk:
- Provides administrative, legislative, and secretarial support to the mayor and City Council, Pension Board, and city manager
- Interacts with the public, department heads, staff, and officials from other cities
- Maintains continuous communication between city officials and the public
- Is responsible for fulfilling all statutory duties of the clerk, including maintenance of all official city records
Public Records Requests
As the custodian of records, the City Clerk maintains meeting minutes, ordinances, resolutions and other vital documents. To obtain copies of open records, requests should be submitted online through NextRequest.
Contact the Office of the City Clerk for additional information.
Voter registration in the City of Ferguson is administered by the St. Louis County Board of Elections. To register to vote in St. Louis County a person must:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be 17 1/2 years old (18 years old by election day)
- A resident of St. Louis County
For more information, please contact the St. Louis County Board of Elections at 314-615-1800.
The city clerk is responsible for all Liquor License Applications submitted pursuant to Chapter 4 of the Municipal Code. Those wishing to apply for a liquor license must meet all applicable building and zoning regulations before submitting the liquor license application. Liquor licenses are approved by the City Council at their regularly scheduled meetings.
Access the Liquor License Application. Please note, all required documentation and payment of the required fee must be submitted with the application.