A Special Event is a one time, annual or intermittently occurring event that takes place in or on a City of Ferguson owned park, property, facility, or street where the space is reserved for the exclusive use of the Special Event. A Special Event Use Permit is required when any of the following conditions take place on City property:
- Use of a Park/Street/Public Area that obstructs the use by others;
- The event is advertised and open to public attendance;
- Musical instruments are played or sound equipment is used;
- Alcoholic beverages are sold;
- Portable restrooms are utilized on a temporary basis;
- Vendors offer food, beverages or merchandise for sale or for free;
- Tents, canopies or stages are erected;
- The event requires, or is reasonably likely to require, city services additional to those already provided to the public as a matter of course; or
- Any other event that is determined in the sole discretion of the Director of Parks and Recreation to require a Special Event Use Permit
- Applications should include all relevant information and attachments when submitted.
- Applications should be turned in at least NINETY (90) calendar days prior to the date the event is scheduled.
- Applications are reviewed by all City Departments and special permit fees are calculated based on impact to city facilities, city staff, and city services needed. (See Page 6 of application)
The Special Event Application can be found HERE