Summer Leadership Program for Teens 14 & 15
The Counselor-In-Training program creates the opportunity for participants to develop leadership and job skills as well as developing a future source of counselors who have been trained in Ferguson Parks and Recreation leadership and program methods. They will help facilitate activities with the kids while gaining self-confidence, job experience, and a sense of responsibility. Successful participation as a CIT in the Summer Adventure Camp program can be used as work experience, professional reference, and a lead toward future employment.
Benefits of Being a CIT
- Gain valuable work experience
- Learn leadership skills
- Obtain CPR/First Aid Certification
- Receive performance feedback
- Participate in camp activities & field trips
- Explore future career opportunities
- Attend all staff trainings & orientations
- CIT’s must be at least 14 years old by the start of the summer camp program
- CIT’s can apply for a paid position when they turn 16
- CIT’s pay a reduced camp fee of $40 per week
Applications must be submitted by May 1st, 2023. After review, selected candidates will be scheduled for an interview. All candidates will be notified when selections are made. Accepted candidates and a parent/guardian will be required to attend an orientation.