A General Municipal Election will be held in the City of Ferguson on April 6, 2021 for the positions of Council Members Wards 1,2,3 (2021-2024) Candidate filing opens at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, December 15, 2020 and closes on January 19, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
To serve on the City Council of Ferguson, you must:
- Live in Ward for which you are applying;
- Be a qualified voter of the City of Ferguson;
- Owe no taxes (including, but not limited to, Real Estate and Personal Property Taxes) or municipal user fees to the City;
- Not hold other city office or employment; and
- Not have been convicted of a felony under Federal or State Law.
Each candidate must file in person and bring the following:
- Nominating petition with 50-75 signatures of registered voters
- Acceptance of Nomination form
- $10.00 filing fee
- Government Issued Identification
On or before Tuesday, December 15, 2020, candidates should form a line at the Council Chamber entrance (at the rear of City Hall); doors will be opened at 8:00 a.m. On this day only, a random drawing is held to determine the order in which candidate names shall appear on the ballot for each available position. Upon entering the building, candidates will draw a number that will be recorded with the declaration of candidacy. Candidate names will be listed in ascending order of the numbers so drawn. The City Clerk will be available to accept nominating petitions in the Council Chamber from 8:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m. To submit petitions after this time, please contact the office of the City Clerk. After receiving the filing forms, the City Clerk will deliver the nominating petitions to the St. Louis County Board of Elections to have all signatures verified.
If you have any questions, please contact the City Clerk at (314) 524-5152.