- Your Government
- City Departments
- Public Works
- Code Enforcement
The City of Ferguson requires an exterior inspection, for any change of occupancy or ownership of a residence, including rental property. The fee for an inspection is $40 for the exterior inspection and $75 for the interior inspection.
The house must pass the exterior (and interior if rental) inspection before an Occupancy Permit may be issued.
Additional inspections may be initiated by an inspector or as a result of a complaint. We are confident that, working together, we can keep our city looking good.
Click for Occupancy Permit Application
Summer Months - Grass Violations
During the warmer months of the year the Code Enforcement Officer will be looking for properties with tall grass and weeds that are in violation of the code. Grass and weeds must be kept below eight inches to avoid a citation.
If there is no response to the warning notice within three days, the city will have the grass cut at the owner's expense.
Exterior Appearance Program
The Exterior Appearance Program is designed to provide guidelines for the residents of Ferguson to maintain an attractive outward appearance of their properties. Maintaining and improving the residential property in the city makes the community more attractive, a more desirable place to live, and helps to maintain property values.
- Do I need an occupancy permit?
- What is required to get a residential occupancy permit?
- What is required to get a commercial occupancy permit?
- What types of projects require a permit for my home?
- What do I need and where do I go to get a permit?
- How do I report a pothole or problem with my street?
- What do City Inspectors look for during inspections?
- How do I report issues with a tree that I think is in the public right-of-way?